Christmas Critters

Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a great start!  I decided to put off some work and make a card.. HAHA!  This is for today's Clean & Simple challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Today's challenge was to use critters on your card.  As soon as I saw it was critters, I couldn't help but pull out my Polar Party stamp set.  I'm pretty sure this set is retired, but it is one that I haven't used as much as I thought I would.  I think it's because it does require quite a bit of coloring and since Sydney came along, I have limited time, so solid images are usually faster for me.  That doesn't mean I don't enjoy coloring because I do!  I'm a little out of touch with my technique, though.

I colored the trees with a blender pen by dipping it into my Gumball Green ink pad.  I do like the watercolor effect it gave without actually watercoloring.  Everything else was colored with Stampin' Write Markers.

The penguins are stamped and cut out and popped on dimensionals.  Everything was stamped in Stazon Jet Black ink.

The paper piece is from a retired designer series paper called Snow Festival.  The ribbon is also retired and is Cherry Cobbler.  I'm not exactly sure, but I think they called it quilted ribbon.

The sketch I used is by CAS(e) this Sketch challenge from last Thursday!

Supplies List
Paper: Watercolor Paper, Snow Festival DP
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Endless Wishes, Polar Party
Accessories: Blender Pens, Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Quilted Cherry Cobbler Ribbon

Comments

  1. Saw this at SC and had come over and tell you how stinkin cute this card is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! You've inspired me to make a Christmas card today :D Love those penguins!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts