Thanks.. for the layers!


 

Today has been on the warm side, but cloudy and rainy/drizzly all day.  My husband (poor thing) has been sick for what seems like a month.  He just can't get this cold or sinus thing knocked out, so he was laying low today and my daughter had her first sleep over last night with her cousin, so she has been pretty lazy as well.  It was the perfect time to make another card!

This is for The Paper Players challenge this week which is a sketch... with layers!  I love the clean & simple designs, but when I first started card making I LOVED layers and let's face it, I still do! I remember a day when it was almost a contest to see who could get the most layers on a card.  It was crazy.  I really like how this sketch used the circle among the rectangles.  It gives it a great look and will be a sketch I go back to when I need some inspiration.

My color combo is straight from the designer paper Sycamore Street.  I used Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo, and Rich Razzleberry.  I know, it seems old, but I barely have cut into this beautiful paper and had to use it!  I also brought out my most favorite stamp set of all called Live Your Dream.  It is a classic Stampin' Up set on wooden blocks... old school, ya'll!  Get ready because I have another throwback set sitting out to use next and it's another one of my favorites!

Supplies
Paper: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo, Sycamore Street DP 
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruid, Island Indigo
Stamps: Live Your Dream
Accessories: 1 1/4'' circle punch, 1'' circle punch, 1/2'' circle punch, Circle Nestabilities, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Stampin' Write Markers (Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit, Island Indigo)

Comments

  1. Riley, I love this color combo! Some of my favorite colors! All your layers and mix of patterns are lovely! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see some of the old SU DSP's make a comeback in cards, Riley! And while I can honestly say I'm not sad they didn't bring back Summer Starfruit : ) I do like how you've layered your card here with it! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players! Crystal, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Riley! The patterned papers you used are some of my favorites, especially the background. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts