Strawberry Thanks

 

Hi!  How was everyone's week?  Mine was kind of crazy.  We started our main session at the studio on Monday and then Sassy Pants went back to school on Thursday.  However, it was a great week and we made it!  It's honestly nice to be in a somewhat normal routine.  I just function better on a routine... is that weird?

I got in my stamp room this afternoon and came up with this cute little card!  I used the Splitcoast Stamper Sketch from last week, this week's color challenge, and last week's Free For Challenge.  The color challenge was Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, and Mango Medley.  I don't have Mango Medley yet, so I subbed for Daffodil Delight.  The Free for All challenge last week was "outside".  I think this would qualify!  I love strawberries and they grow outside!  HA!

I stamped the strawberry in Flirty Flamingo and the outline in Memento Tuxedo Black.  The stem is stamped in Granny Apple Green and also outlined with the Tuxedo Black.  The bigger stem/flower behind was stamped on watercolor paper with StazOn Jet Black and water colored with watercolor pencils and an aqua painter.  Then, I painstakingly cut it out by hand.  I wasn't a demonstrator when Stampin' Up started coming out with their basic shape framelits, so I'm still using my Nestabilities from YEARS ago.  Hey, they still work, so why not?

Comments

Popular Posts