Scrappy Card?

Hi all! Happy Friday to everyone... this is the first Friday all summer that I haven't had to travel some where for something! It's nice to have the day to myself!

Today's card was made completely out of scraps! I only have one more full sheet of this designer paper, Summer Picnic, so I used some of the scraps I had to create this card.

I even used scraps of solid paper... I didn't cut any full sheets for this card! Wooo Hoo! I am excited because I have an over abundance of scraps that I always forget to use... anyone else have that problem?

I made this card for the Taylored Expressions sketch challenge today and yesterday's Cute Card Thursday to use something fruity on your card! There's no other stamp set more fruity than Tart & Tangy!

The strawberry was stamped twice... once in Real Red on the circle and then once in Old Olive on a scrap piece of paper. I cut the Old Olive strawberry and just used the top of it to make my strawberry two-toned. I think it looks better than trying to do it with markers. With this stamp set, the colors always turn out a little dull unless you use a regular ink pad.

Ok, enough rambling for now! I am off to find something for lunch and then hopefully will be posting another card today!

Comments

  1. Beautiful card Riley - enjoy your day to yourself, I know how rare those can be :-) *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card sweetie, I LOVE this paper...one of my fav summertime papers and that strawberry yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love the colours and ribbon! I miss this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Great inspiration since I have everything to make this card.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh this card is beautiful and well done on using up your scraps.Just found your blog and i just lurve your cards:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts