Todays card was a real challenge for me... I saw this sketch on My Time Made Easy and knew I wanted to pair it with today's Ways to Use it challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers to use vellum. I then found this summery color combination on Create, Ink that made me think of my Tart & Tangy set which is retiring at the end of this month which makes me sad because it's a cute go-to set for quick cards!
This card, however was NOT quick for me. I had a vision in my head, but had a hard time making it a reality. Do you ever have that problem? Ugh, I hate it! I knew I wanted the squares to be the fruit, but I just didn't have a sentiment large enough, or appropriate for the card to go on the main panel. So, I pulled out my retired Letterpress Alphabet and made my own simple greeting. I stamped it on vellum which is always a disaster for me because I'm impatient and can't wait for the ink to dry! I think I ended up stamping this 3 different times before I got one that was centered, straight, and didn't smudge.
I pulled out this really cute polka dotted Tempting Turquoise designer paper from the retired Island Oasis designer paper.
In the end, I am happy with the result!
Want to take a stab at this card? Here are all the supplies used, you can order any of these in my Stampin' Up online store found HERE!
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock (#119683)
- Melon Mambo Cardstock (#115320)
- Whisper White Cardstock (#100730)
- Island Oasis Designer Paper (retired)
- Vellum Paper (#101839)
- Melon Mambo Ink Pad (#115656)
- Pear Pizzazz Ink Pad (#119784)
- Daffodil Delight Ink Pad (#119667)
- Pear Pizzazz Stampin' Write Marker (#119801, set)
- Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Marker (#121074)
- Summer Sun Corderoy Button (retired)
- Melon Mambo Polka Dotted Ribbon (retired)
- Letter Press Alphabet Stamp Set (retired)
- Tart & Tangy Stamp Set (HURRY, this set retired on 6/30!, #111514)
- Linen Thread (#104199)
- 5/16'' Jumbo Neutral Brads (#112534)
- Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)