Birthday Wishes

I'm back with another card!  This is for today's Create with Connie & Mary challenge.  This week's challenge is a sketch and it definitely was a challenge!  The diagonals were scary at first, but my trick was to adhere the strips on the card stock, then line it up in my paper trimmer and cut off the excess.

I thought this would be the perfect sketch to showcase some of the new designer series paper in the 2012-2013 Annual Catalog!  The paper I featured here is called Floral District and is super cute!  I paired it with a simple sentiment from the set, Bring on the Cake.  I think it turned out pretty cute!

Supplies List:
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Floral District Dp
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Baja Breeze Pleated Ribbon

Pin It

Comments

  1. Beautiful card! I think this is a great way to show off the beautiful designer paper, too! And I love the addition of the pleated ribbon! Gives it great texture!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that you used these great colors and some ribbon too. So eye-catching! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super colors you used in your layers and I so wish that ruffled ribbon would have carried over! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did that trick, too! Love that DSP and the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...so very fun! This paper was just perfect for the challenge! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sketch is perfect to show off our beautiful papers! Love your combo! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts