Cheers to Summer

I know today is Tuesday, but man I really had a case of the Mondays!  I basically have been off work for over a week, so coming back to the office was ROUGH.  It took me basically all day to finish this card, then by the time I was done, it was dark out and I didn't get a very good picture.  Oh well, at least I am posting, right?

I love the "Happy Hour" set from Stampin' Up.  Although, I think it's retired now... of course.. haha!  The color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers today was to use Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, and Basic Gray.  The side challenge or "dessert" was to either make a non-traditional Christmas Card (I have to admit, I just can't bring myself to break out my holiday stamps yet) or to make a farewell to summer inspired card.  I went with the farewell to summer card... but I don't want to say farewell!  My definition of a great summer day is relaxing (preferably at the beach) with a cold beverage.  There's nothing better in my opinion!

The margarita is stamped once on the Whisper White layer, then I stamped it again on a scrap and cut out the drink part of it to pop it up.  The lime wedge and umbrella were also hand cut and put behind the drink.  I love how it turned out!

Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Melon Mambo, Jersey Shore DP (retired), Brights Prints Pack DP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Happy Hour
Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Melon Mambo Marker, Stampin' Dimensionals, Linen Thread, Melon Mambo Button, Apothecary Art Framelits

Challenge:
Color Combo Challenge 494 on Splitcoast Stampers

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!

Comments

Popular Posts