{Congratulations} You Did It!

 Good Saturday afternoon to you!  I had some stampin' time this afternoon while Sydney took her nap.  Unfortunately, this card took me FOREVER and I went through many trial and errors to get it the way I want it.. which still isn't exactly what I had in mind.

First of all, never do a color challenge where the ONLY supplies you have for the colors provided is in designer paper.  The color challenge on Splitcoast this week was to use Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray, Sahara Sand or any variation of three of the colors.  I chose to do Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, & Basic Gray.  The only color ink or cardstock I own is Basic Gray so this was quite the challenge.  I originally was going to use the big flower image from Elements of Style, but after I got it stamped and watercolored, I didn't think it went with the designer paper which I had to use because it was the only thing I had in Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey... sooooo I decided to go a different route and pulled out Sprinkled Expressions which was a Sale-a-Bration set a few years ago and which I have not really ever used... maybe once?

Perfect, I had my stamp set picked out... but then I had to figure out which inks would match the dp since I don't have Lost Lagoon or Hello Honey ink or markers... AHH!  I went digging through my retired stamp pads to see if a retired color may match... only to discover my Riding Hood Red pad has somehow LEAKED everywhere!!!  I had it all over me... disaster.  I had to stop and clean that up... my fingers are still red.

ANYWAY, I discovered Crushed Curry was close enough to Hello Honey and Island Indigo is an OKAY match for Lost Lagoon, although, you can see in my picture that Island Indigo has more blue in it and Lost Lagoon is more of a green.. oh well, I was tired of messing with it at this point. 

So, I was finally ready to put the card together when I ran out of mono.  Fine, I refilled and I was off... except for my mono tool apparently has broken and will no longer run... GREAT!  I pulled out my two sided tape and went to town.... then I realized my main panel was really crooked... UGGH.  I pulled it off as best I could and tried to reposition it... I still didn't get it that straight... oh well.

In the end, here is my card... I don't know if I like it, but hopefully you can find some inspiration in it.  Do you ever have stamping nightmares like this?

Comments

Popular Posts