I'm ALIVE!!!

Happy Halloween everyone! You've probably been wondering where I've been hiding lately!! Well, actually, I've just been really busy.... BUT this past weekend I went to my grandparent's house and had a stamping weekend with my mom and aunt!

We had a blast! The only thing that got in my way was the fact that I had a dance workshop thrown into Saturday morning/afternoon. I did manage to get several cards and a set of Christmas gift tags done!

I thought today would be a great day to show you what I made while I was there!

Starting with my first image of this post... I loooove this Halloween set by Inkadinkado. It's my mom's set (you know you always love sets that aren't your own!) and I think the image is just really neat.

I heat embossed the main image and then took a sponge dauber and sponged Kiwi Kiss ink over top of it. I like the interest it gave to the card.

The spider brads were a gift from my Secret Sister over on Splitcoast Stampers. Aren't they adorable???

Here's the rest of the deets:
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Ghostly Greetings dp (all SU!)
Ink: Versamark (SU!)

Stamps: Inkadinkado
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Striped Ribbon (SU!), Jumbo Eyelet (SU!), Spider Brads (unknown vendor)

Here is another card I made while I was out of town. I made this one for the AAA swap on Splitcoast Stampers.

We were to make a card using our secret pal's two favorite fall colors. Mine's were red & orange... so, I kiiiiinda cheated. I used Really Rust which is a shade of red... or orange... or both... and More Mustard which I just love with Really Rust... so, I just cheated a little bit!

I am in love with this Autumn Vine designer paper from Stampin' Up! The colors and prints are just soooo pretty! You should buy some... haha!

The ribbon is some I found at... of all places... Wal-Mart! I hadn't ventured into their craft section in quite awhile because they never have anything! So, last week, I decided to check out their ribbon selection...and to my surprise, they actually had some cute ribbon for a great price!

Again, I used my mom's stamp set... Pocket Silhouettes... another set I love and might have to buy for myself!

Details:
Paper: Really Rust, More Mustard, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Autumn Vine dp (all SU!)
Ink: More Mustard & Really Rust (Su!)

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes (SU!)
Accessories: Brown Polka Dotted Ribbon (Offray)

My next card is one that looks great in person, but the photo kind of looks blaaaaah.... depending on the way the light hits the stickles, in this case, it hit's it and makes it look like a mess!

Anyway... I love this set, Lovely as a Tree by Stampin' Up. And again, it's my mom's set... haha!

I thought it would make a pretty Christmas card, especially with the stickles making it look like there's ice on the trees.

I used Stampin' Up's Ski Slope paper on this design... another set of dp that you must have... it's beautiful!

Details:
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Ski Slope dp (all SU!)
Ink: Stazon Brown

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree (SU!)
Accessories: 1'' circle punch (SU!), 1 1/2'' circle punch (SU!), 1 3/8'' circle punch (SU!), Stickles (Ranger),


This next card uses an old Hostess set that my aunt has. I wish they still offered this set because it's so cute!

You can't see it, but the trees in the middle of the sentiments have crystal effects on them to make them pop!

I achieved the 2 color look by stamping in chocolate chip and then stamping in kiwi kiss and using a 3/4'' circle punch to punch the tree out.

Again, I used my Wal-Mart ribbon.. haha! And the Ski Slope paper... I love it!
Details:
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Ski Slope DP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss (SU!)
Stamps: Riveting (SU!)
Accessories: 3/4'' circle punch (SU!), 1 1/2'' circle punch (SU!), 1 3/8'' circle punch (SU!), Scallop circle punch (SU!), Brown Polka Dotted Ribbon (Offray), Crystal Effects (SU!)


And finally, here is a card I made using Snow Swirled. It's my aunt's set and I really loved using it!

I stamped the tree in Sage Shadow and then used Always Artichoke to accent the star at the top and the ornaments on the tree. I also put stickles to make it stand out more.

I used the Negative Cuttlebug technique to achieve my background.

The designer paper is Wintergreen by SU!. It's no longer in their catty, but I have a ton of it and I'm trying to use it up!

Details:
Paper: Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Sage Shadow, Wintergreen Dp (SU!)
Stamps: Snow Swirled (SU!)
Ink: Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (ProvoCraft), Snowflakes embossing folder (ProvoCraft), Stickles (Ranger), Sage Shadow grosgrain ribbon (SU!)

Alright... I think I'm caught up on my posts now! Time to go stamp :)


-Riley

Comments

  1. Wow! you weren't kidding about updating your blog! I'm still reading...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you were busy stamping all right. Hope you had a good time with the family. All the cards are wonderful Riley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts