Autumn Squirrel

Happy Thursday everyone... it's almost the weekend... yay! Although, I do have to work all day on Saturday... ugh. Oh well!

Today's card is for the Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoast Stampers to use leaves in your design. I pulled out some of my retired Autumn Vine designer paper which has a great leaves print, as you can see! I love this paper!

My image is by Sugar Nellie and is a stamp I won in the World Card Making events on Splitcoast Stampers. It's an image that I probably wouldn't buy on my own, but now that I have it... I love it! It was a lot of fun coloring him, even though I'm out of watercolor paper and had to settle for just plain whisper white. It actually did better than I thought it might. I just like the blending effect that watercolor paper gives. I guess I better place an order for some!

I colored my image with Stampin' Write Markers, I blended the darker brown (chocolate chip) with an aqua painter to make it a little more subtle. Everything else is pretty self explanatory!

Oh yeah, my layout is Mercy's Tuesday Sketch!

Card Details:
Paper:
Whisper White (#100730), Chocolate Chip (#102128), Really Rust (#100661), More Mustard (#100946), Autumn Vine Designer Paper (retired)

Stamps: Nuts (Sugar Nellie), Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)

Ink: Stazon Jet Black (#101406), Chocolate Chip (#100908)

Accessories: Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker (#100071), Really Rust Stampin' Write Marker (#100073), More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker (#100076), Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker (#100072), Creamy Caramel Stampin' Write Marker (#100078), Vintage Brads (#109109), Chocolate Chip Double-Stitched 1'' Grosgrain Ribbon (#111849), Word Window Punch (#105090), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430), Sponge Daubers (#102892)

Thanks for stopping by... I hope you have a great day!

Comments

  1. What a great card Riley, adorable image and the perfect papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. riley...what a sweet card! love that squirrel, your do, and your ribbon!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute! I just got some of that DSP from the clearance sale, but I haven't opened it yet! tsk tsk! I should bring it out for some October cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts