Friends Make You Smile


 Hi everyone!  I know I said I was back, and then I was gone for almost a whole month.  Well, I have a good explanation.. we went out of state for a majority of the month of July.  When I posted before, we had come home for a short two days and then left again for three weeks.  Summer is winding down here as school goes back August 12th!  It seems really early, but after a year and a half of homeschooling, I am more than ready for Miss Sassy Pants to go back to school!

She's actually spending the night at my Mom and Stepdad's house tonight, so I borrowed some goodies from my Mom so I could get crafty tonight!  I've seen so many beautiful cards on Pinterest with this set, Forever Fern and I was super excited when I found out my mom had it that I could borrow!  Let me tell you... my supplies are super low.  As I said before, I sold a majority of my supplies a few years ago when I felt like I wasn't going to get back into stamping.  The truth is, I'm kind of glad I did sell things because now I have room for new goodies that I would have wanted anyway!

Back to the card... I used to LOVE doing Sketch Challenges and for this card I went back to where it all began and hit up the Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge from last week.  It was super fun to do a square card.  I haven't done one in a long time!  Then, I needed to figure out my colors.  I have almost NO designer paper and what I have is super old... so I went to a site I used to love called My Create Ink - SU Color Lab.  My Mom had given me some Balmy Blue ribbon to use, so I put that in as my color I wanted a combination to include.  I settled on Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Blushing Bride, and Smoky Slate because I had most of the ink pads and card stock.  I did find a super old piece of So Saffron dp that I used for my circle.  I have no idea what the name of the paper is, but It was exciting to find some dp that would work.  I really wanted to use some Blushing Bride dp, but I didn't have any, so I used the little speck stamp from the Forever Fern set to give the layer some texture by stamping it with Blushing Bride ink.

Overall, I'm really happy with how this card turned out.  I'm still finding my stride and I'm definitely rusty from where I used to be, but it was really fun to get inky this evening!

Supplies

Ink: So Saffron, Blushing Bride, Balmy Blue, Basic Gray

Paper: Basic White, Smoky Slate, Blushing Bride, unidentified So Saffron DP

Stamps: Forever Fern

Accessories: Adhesive pearls, Nestabilities Circle & Scallop Circle Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Balmy Blue Ribbon 

Comments

Popular Posts