Whale Wishes {Updated}

Happy Sunday to you!  I was up late last night in my stamp room and it was super awesome.  I am awaiting some new Stampin' Up goodies, so in the meantime, I decided to pull out some old, neglected stamps.  This one, in particular was one of my very first stamp purchases from Stampin' Up, circa 2007, I believe.  It is called Whale Wishes and if you look it up in the Splitcoast Stampers Gallery, you won't find many samples.  I believe there are just over 100 in the gallery which is crazy to me!  I also searched Pinterest and found NO samples of this set at all!  You will find the more recent whale set, which the name is escaping me for the moment. 

I'm not sure why this set never got much love, but I think at the time it came out the more lined/watercolored images were very popular (and are now making a big comeback) and is why many didn't gravitate to this set.  I also think the whale image in particular was rather large and can be hard to work with.  However, now with the newer tools, and I suppose my better understanding of how to create a card, I found it to be easier to work with.  It's just a shame that it was around for such a short time and never had the chance to make it in many samples, as it is a very cute and cheery set!

As you know, I love challenges.  I decided to give myself a personal challenge to use at least one, older stamp set per week.  This won't be hard for the time being because most of the sets I currently have, are older.  But I'm talking pre-clear or polymer sets... the wood ones that you used to have to trim... remember those??  I have so many and so many are awesome... why do we always feel that we have to use the newest images?  I am so guilty of that and want to spend some time with sets that are just collecting dust, many I have only used a handful of times.

To go along with this card, I pulled out some of the very first Designer Paper I ever bought from Stampin' Up called Cutie Pie.  It uses many now retired colors (of which I still have a huge stash of cardstock... yes, I decided to stock up on cardstock the MONTH before they announced the color overhaul.. just my luck!).  The colors include So Saffron, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery.  I used the Bashful Blue and paired it with it's darker shade, Marina Mist.  And then used some Rose Red to make the image pop.

The image itself is stamped twice, both times with Marina Mist ink.  The second time is stamped and cut out and popped on dimensionals.  The seaweed at the bottom is stamped in Old Olive.  The clouds are actually from an embossing folder that I ran through my Big Shot and then cut out and sponged with Bashful Blue ink.  The scallop on the edge of the Bashful Blue panel is the Big Scallop Framelit.

Wow, this was a long post, but I hope you enjoy my card!  Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts