Butterflies on a Rainy Day

Good Friday afternoon!  I hope you have had a great week and are preparing for a fun Fourth of July Celebration!  We aren't doing too much, just a small family cook out and hopefully a little rest.  It has been a whirlwind of a summer so far. The month of June was filled with the studio's dance recital, dance nationals preparations, two Frozen Dance Camps, and nationals which was a week out of town.  I am finally getting back to a more normal, and hopefully, less hectic schedule.

Yesterday I was feeling very frustrated and decided I needed to stamp!  I sat down and made this last night, but wanted to wait for natural light to photograph it.

This is for this week's color challenge and sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The colors to use were Hello Honey, Watermelon Wonder, and Cucumber Crush.  All of the colors are current in-colors, but Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush are the brand new ones.  I didn't really purchase any of last year's in-colors because I just didn't have time to stamp, so I didn't want to spend the money on supplies I wasn't using.  So, I don't have any Hello Honey paper or ink, but I did have this cotton ribbon.  I subbed the paper and ink for More Mustard and I have to say, it is almost an exact match, but not quite.  I pulled it off, though!

I love my new Butterfly Basics set.  I know it's a carry over from the occasions catalog, but again, I just got back into my stamp room regularly, so it is brand new to me! 

I hope you have a great holiday weekend!  Stay safe!

Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, More Mustard, Watermelon Wonder, Cherry on Top DP
Ink: More Mustard, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Basic Black
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Hello Honey Cotton Ribbon, Butterfly Thinlits Dies 

Comments

Popular Posts