Wildly Soft Butterfly Basics

stampin' up
Whew... it has been a busy week or so.  This card literally took me almost 2 weeks to complete... haha!  SAD!  Oh well, it is finished now!  I made this for the July 13th Mojo Monday Sketch.  The colors are from the July 14th color challenge on Splitcoast Stampers to use Wild Wasabi, Soft Sky, and Perfect Plum.  I LOOOOVE this color combination, but someone please explain to me how I do not own a Perfect Plum ink pad?  Weird!

Anyway, I knew I wanted to use my new Butterfly Basics stamp set for this.  I ended up flipping the sketch to accommodate my flower image. I used the rope image to make a background because, believe it or not, I had NO Soft Sky designer paper that would work with this color scheme.  In fact, the Wild Wasabi DP that I used is from a long retired collection called Afternoon Tea.  It was one of my most favorite designer papers that Stampin' Up has put out and I only have a few scraps of it remaining.... TEARS!  Not that I don't have MANY other collections that I need to use.  I admit, I have a paper hoarding problem.. it's just so pretty....

The panel behind the flower image is dry embossed with the dots embossing folder, but it didn't really photograph that well.  I colored my flower with Stampin' Write markers.. nothing fancy, just straight up colored them.  The butterfly is cut out with the Butterfly Thinlits.

Supplies:
Paper: Perfect Plum, Soft Sky, Watercolor Paper, Afternoon Tea DP (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Perfect Plum
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Accessories: Butterfly Thinlits, Dots Embossing Folder, Stampin' Write Markers 

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you enjoy my card!

Comments

Popular Posts