Soaring By

Stampin' Up
 Finally, here is a card I made this afternoon for the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  Today's featured stamper is Karli!  You can view her blog HERE!  She doesn't use much Stampin' Up product, but I found inspiration in this card:

 I don't have the exact hot air balloon image, but I do have a Stampin' Up one that I love and that hasn't seen ink for awhile, so I decided to break it out!  It's called Up, Up, and Away and is retired.  The sentiment is actually a Papertrey Ink stamp from the Everyday Button Bits collection.  I got it one year for Christmas and I think this sentiment works wonderfully with this image.  The clouds were made using the new Sprinkles of Life set.

I changed pretty much everything on this card.  I did keep a similar layout and, of course, kept the hot air balloon theme.  I changed the colors to this week's Color Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers to use Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry, and Tempting Turquoise.  I will admit, this color combo stumped me a little bit at first, but I love how it came out.

Supplies:
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate, Cherry on Top DP, Brights Designer Series Paper Pad (retired)
Ink: Crushed Curry, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray
Stamps: Sprinkles of Life, Up Up & Away (retired), Everyday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals

Comments

Popular Posts