Happy Birthday, Cupcake!


Sydney has decided to take an extra long nap this afternoon, which means I had time to squeeze in one more card for today!  Woo hoo!  I bought this set, Sketched Birthday before Sydney was born with the delusion that I would have time to stamp after she came... HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Between her and the studio... I have just now begun to find a balance and carve out time to stamp.  So, this set has barely been used.  I think I've used it once since I got it 2 years ago.  It just retired (of course), but I love it still!

I had seen so many cute cards floating around with the balloons from this set, so I knew I wanted to incorporate those.  I went into my card sketch board in Pinterest and found one that I followed, kind of.  The colors are from this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge which is to use Strawberry Slush (retired), So Saffron, and Soft Suede.  I promise there is Soft Suede on my card... just not very much.  I colored the frosting on the cupcake with it.  I just wanted to keep this card nice and bright.  I experimented with putting a layer behind the polka dots of Soft Suede, but it just darkened it too much for me.

Supplies List:
Paper: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush DP (retired), So Saffron, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Sketched Birthday
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: So Saffron Marker, Strawberry Slush Marker, Soft Suede Marker, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Comments

  1. Cute card, Riley! I love the balloons and the cupcake. Thanks so much for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card! I love that balloon set too. Thank you for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright cupcake card! Thanks for playing along with the PPA color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card....love the simplicity of it and sooooo festive! What a perfect card to make someones day! Thanks for joining the PLAS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts