Wish Big Balloons

stampin' up
Hi!  I hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!  Once again, life is challenging me.  Last night our washing machine decided to die... and I hadn't done laundry for a week.  Luckily, my mom lives close by so I was able to get a load in at her house this afternoon.  Then I came home and put Sydney down for a nap, got together all the craft supplies for the Frozen Camp we are having at the studio this week, and then I STAMPED!  I really should be cleaning my house, but.... ya know.  HAHA!

This is for today's Featured Stamper challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers.  Today's featured stamper is laughingstamper, AKA Paula.  At first glance, her gallery actually overwhelmed me.  I'm not sure why, but I think it was because she has a very vintage style which I'm not the best at recreating.  Don't get me wrong, her creations are WONDERFUL, it's just not the style that I'm most comfortable in.  So, I went deep into her gallery and found this lovely creation:

This card caught my eye for several reasons.  #1, it uses and old Stampin' Up set called Crazy for Cupcakes that I actually already had sitting on my table, #2 I love the fun colors, and #3 I love love love how she did her balloons.

Since I already had most of the supplies out to make this card, I also made it for the Saturday 5pm Virtual Stamp Challenge to use scraps you have laying on your work space.  I'm not sure this counts, but I think it does! 

Back to the CASE, I changed the layout to a standard card size, changed up the colors and added a sentiment instead of another image at the bottom.  I absolutely adore how this came out.  I'm getting more and more into the more Clean & Simple card designs for sure.  Notice, I used minimal layers and NO RIBBON.. GASP!

Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Melon Mambo
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Word Play
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers in Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight, and Garden Green, Stampin' Dimensionals

Comments

Popular Posts