Happy Birthday to You!


Happy Saturday!  My day hasn't exactly been what I planned.  It started off with a trip over to the studio to find several messages about our upcoming Frozen Camp asking if we have space available for this Monday.  Yikes... I'm glad I bought extra craft supplies.  That sent me into overdrive in anticipation of 8 hours of teaching a day this week PLUS my office work and on top of that, trying to get my house and everyone ready to leave town to go to nationals.  I decided I would work through Sydney's nap... but she didn't WANT to take a nap.  I spent a good 2 hours trying to get her to calm down.  We sat on the potty.... laid in my bed and read books... sat in her rocking chair and read books... you get the picture.  Finally, I put her in her crib and tried one more time... SUCCESS!  By the time I got her down, I did not have the mental capacity to do any work... So I stamped.

You would think this would have calmed my stress, but I swear to you everything on this card is crooked.  I'm pretty sure the piece Bermuda Bay paper I used (it was a scrap) was not straight which in turn made my entire card crooked.  To make matters worse, all I have right now as adhesive is Sookwang tape because my SNAIL died and AC Moore apparently no longer sells the actual tool, just the refills... sooooo... I had to order one from Stampin' Up and it hasn't come yet.

ANYWAY... this weekend is Virtual Stamp Night on Splitcoast Stampers.  I think I've only participated a few times, but I was excited to see that it was happening today and I could actually participate!  This is for the Saturday 3pm challenge to "Bake Up Some Happiness" and use a bakery item on a card.  I have several cupcake and cake sets, but I wanted to pull out this oldie but goodie called Crazy for Cupcakes.  I went on Pinterest for some quick inspiration, but ended up pretty much making this from scratch... even the sketch and color combo is from me, not a challenge!

I hope you enjoy my card and now... I may have to go make cupcakes!

Supplies:
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Birthday Bash DSP
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes
Ink: Memento Jet Black
Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, 1 3/4'' Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Stampin' Write Markers in Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Night of Navy, & Bermuda Bay

Comments

Popular Posts