When Nothing Goes Your Way... Stamp!


I would say the past week has been nothing short of a challenge.  Nothing outstandingly devastating, just many little things that have added up to one big frustration!  First of all, my dance studio had it's 10th recital last Saturday.  It went great, but I was still feeling bad from the entire month.  I've pretty much been sick since May 8th and I've been trying to ignore it.  I have been exhausted with all the last minute preparations, rehearsals, pictures, etc that go into a dance recital.  I had one day off and jumped right into nationals rehearsals.  Then, I found out that one of my dancers isn't going to nationals... that is always hard to tell the other dancers and then re-block and choreograph on short notice.  But, we continue on.  During one of these reblocking sessions, I started feeling really sick.  It felt like my entire body had arthritis and I could barely sit up.  I spent most of the 3 hour rehearsal laying in the front of the studio while one of my seniors played the music.  I got home and realized, I was really sick.  I went straight to bed.  Woke up the next day... BAM fever of 101, sore throat, ear ache, and stuffy nose.  All of which I had been battling since early May, but this time it wasn't something I was going to push through.  Off to the doctor I go... they diagnose me with sinus infection, possible strep (the rapid test showed negative, but my throat had all the signs and symptoms, especially with the fever), and ear infection.  FUN!  I ended up having to cancel my rehearsals for that day, including ones I was covering for one of my other instructors.  I was in bed for 48 hours.  I would get on Facebook or Pinterest every now and then, but honestly, I could barely watch tv.  I don't want to say what my diagnosis was wrong, but seriously, I've never been this sick.

Today, I woke up and I've felt a little better.  I'm still really weak, but no fever and my throat and ear pain is manageable.  I'm behind on work, so I decided to sit down and do my accounting which is past due to my accountant, along with many other things I'm extremely behind on.  I really feel like I'm never going to catch up at this point.  When... my business computer decides to continually restart itself!  YAY!  I'm writing this so frustrated that I can't stand it.  So, I decided SCREW IT I'm stamping.  And this, ladies and gentlemen is what I have created.  If you got through that long rant, I applaud you because I probably would have stopped reading by now!

This card is for this week's color and sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.  The color challenge was to use Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, and Basic Gray.  I was stumped at first for some reason.  Mostly, I wasn't sure which stamp set to use for this color scheme.  Then, I looked at the sketch challenge and knew exactly what I wanted to do!  I pulled out Cupcake Party and decided I would do one cupcake in one square and feature some designer paper in the others.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

Here are my supplies:
Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe CS, Calypso Coral CS, Neutrals Paper Pack (retired), 2013-2015 In Color Paper Pack (retired), Whisper White CS, Basic Gray CS

Ink: Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Gray

Stamps: Cupcake Party, Word Play

Accessories: Cupcake Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Border Punch (retired)

Comments

Popular Posts