Bling Cupcakeabella!


Ok, today's challenge on splitcoast was to use chipboard on a card. I RARELY use chipboard, so this was a good challenge for me. I don't have much of it, but luckily I found some of these chipboard flowers. I've had them for a while, so I was excited to use them! They were plain, so I covered them in glitter!

This card took me FOREVER for some reason!!!
The layout was inspired by SheetLoad's May sketch. I changed it slightly because I thought Bella looked cute on an angle!

I ran out of watercolor paper, so I had to use normal Whisper White. I have gotten so used to coloring on watercolor that I hated going back, the color just isn't as good. I guess I'll have to make a run to Michael's or AC Moore today to get more because I do love that stuff!

Bella's dress is paper pieced, I loooove that technique!

Here are the basic details:
Cardstock : Orchid Opulence, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Whisper White (all SU!)
Stamps: Cupcakeabella (Bella Stamps), Birthday Whimsy (SU!)
Emebellishments: Brads (making memories), Chipboard (making memories), glitter (unknown vendor), markers (SU!), Designer Paper (DCWV)
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Orchid Opulence (SU!)
Tools: Sponge Daubers (SU!)
Technique: Paper Piecing
TFL and have a great day!!!

Comments

  1. What a great card ! You did well with the challenge.
    I use chipboard all the time (with my scrapbooking) but I can't remember the last time I used it on a card. I'll have to try that !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the way Bella is offset at an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the chipboard. I skipped that challenge :-( Love the bella image and the angle that she is on as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I'm loving the cupcake! It's the best fat free, calorie free, sugar free cupcake ever! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts