Submission Challenge Blog Post


This is my submission to be a part of the SheetLoad of Cards Design Team. Thank you for the opportunity... now off to my projects!

For all of the following projects, I used the sketch found in the April 2009 Issue of SheetLoad of Cards, which can be found here!

The first card holds too to the original sketch pretty obviously. I did opt to use the tag corner punch to make the corner straight rather than rounding it. I also made the sentiment an oval and moved it over the bottom left hand corner as I thought it balanced the card out.

Trendy Tree Note
Stamps: Trendy Trees by Stampin' Up
Paper: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Whisper White, Autumn Vine Designer Paper by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Latte Buttons by Stampin' Up, Silver Styled Hodgepodge Hardware by Stampin' Up, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder by ProvoCraft, Tag Corner Punch by Stampin' Up, Twine by Stampin' Up
Make it your Own Ideas: Use a different corner treatment for main panel, make the sentiment panel a different shape



My next card also holds true to the original sketch. I did add some ribbon to the main panel and I moved the sentiment since it was a little bit longer and didn't quite fit in the space the original sketch allowed.

The hive and bees are water colored with my Stampin' Up markers and an Aqua Painter. Then I added some Stickles to the hive and the antenae of the bees!

Just Buzzin' By
Stamps: Just Buzzin' By by Stampin Up
Paper: Pacific Point, Chocolate Chip, Watercolor Paper, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Paper by Stampin' Up
Accessories: 1 3/8'' circle punch by Stampin' Up, 1 1/2'' circle punch by Paper Shapers, Rhinestone Brad by Stampin' Up, Ticket Corner Punch by Stampin' Up, Markers by Stampin' Up, Aqua Painter by Stampin' Up, Stickles by Ranger, Pacific Point Striped Ribbon by Stampin' Up
Make it Your Own Ideas: Use a different corner treatment, add ribbon, move sentiment panel, add brads



My next card uses one of my favorite sets right now, Bella Blossoms by Stampin' Up!

I paired it with some great designer paper called Raspberry Tart, also by Stampin' Up! It matches pretty well with last year's in color, Purely Pomegrant and I had this great polka dotted ribbon left over, so I thought I would incorporate it!

My embellishment down the sides for this card are my bows. I like the look it gave this card! I also, once again, changed the shape of the sentiment panel to accomodate my sentiment and add some flare!

Beautiful Bella
Stamps: Bella Blossoms by Stampin' Up
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Whisper White, & Raspberry Tart Designer Paper by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Adhesive Pearls by Michael's, Word Window Punch by Stampin' Up, 1'' Circle Punch by Paper Shapers, Designer Label Punch by Stampin' Up, Dimensionals by Stampin' Up, Purely Pomegranate Ribbon Originals by Stampin' Up, Kiwi Kiss Satin Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Corner Rounder by EK Success
Make it your Own Ideas: Use ribbon bows as verticle focal point, use image out of the box, change sentiment shape


Finally we have my noncard project which is an altered notebook. I used the sketch pretty to the tee on this except I did not split the main panel into plain cardstock and designer paper. I just used one designer paper panel and stamped the swirls directly on it.

The butterfly is glued only in the middle so that it's wings can pop up and give a 3D effect.

I am really really happy with how this turned out!

Simple Friendship Notebook
Stamps: Simple Friendship by Stampin' Up
Paper: Berry Bliss Designer Paper by Stampin' Up, Close to Cocoa & Whisper White Cardstock by Stampin' Up
Accessories: Adhesive Pearls by Michael's, Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon by Stampin' Up, Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon by Stampin' Up
Make it your Own: Add or delete panels


That sums up my challenge for the SheetLoad of Cards design team call. I really appreciate your time and consideration and I really hope to be a part of the SheetLoad of Cards Team!















































































Comments

  1. Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts